12.21.2011

Happy Holiday's Everyone!


Sorry I've been away for so long, as you know there are so many things to do and not enough time during the holiday season! While I have been away I've seemed to somehow accumulate several great items to show you (and not so great), as well as new and old recipes to share with you that I will be fix'n for the holiday..., including a family recipe for Carrot Cake (insert drool)! Oh, and of course speaking about food, tonight I came home to a fab dinner done by the hubby (forgot photo, insert mad face); grilled sirloin, coconut prawns and french bread, yummm! Oh and for a quick dipping sauce for the prawns I mixed orange marmalade and Sriracha sauce! I'm sure you could also mix a store bought mango chutney with Siracha and get the same great sweet and spicy pizazz, oooo-la-la!

Image Detail

So just a quick note to say hello and wish you all a spectacular holiday...my oldest son is coming home this year for Christmas so both of my sons will be home, looking forward to it, I love family time.

That's the mantel above this year and below is our tree...


 


Drapes were purchased at IKEA, rods at Fred Meyers (aka Krogers in some areas), light on the right is from T.J. Maxx, very heavy crystal and only $50! The flocked tree we got at a local u-cut farm and had it flocked there and bagged, although by time we got home for some reason most of it fell off (insert very sad face). I love snow flocked trees (will show you the heavier flock from last year), you don't see them as nearly as you might have in the 70's, but I soooo say they are CHIC! Next year it will be pink or lavender! Do you FLOCK your tree? Would love to see some photos!

Merry Christmas, HappyHanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Festivus For The Rest Of You, and Happy Holidays What ever holiday you choose to celebrate, be safe, enjoy yourself!

Chat Soon, Shana XoXo
Belle Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment