1.22.2012

Shana's Sweet & Sassy Chicken Chili


I WILL UPDATE MISSING PICS ASAP!!!


Sweet & Spicy Chicken Chili
6-8 Cans Beans- At least half should be kidney beans

Or Fresh Soaked Beans

If I use canned beans, I drain the bean juice out of all the cans except for about 3 of them, I add this bean juice to chili.

1 Can Tomato Sauce

1 Can Tomato Paste

2 Onions Chopped

4 Cloves garlic or garlic paste (approx)

½ jar or around 1C of apricot jam or 1 can jellied cranberry sauce

2 Tbl Sriracha Sauce or more if you like

1 Tbl Cumin (approx)

1 Tbl Chili Powder (approx)

Dash of black pepper

12 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders

3-4C Chicken Broth

1 can diced or stewed tomatoes drained

** Sautéed chopped Celery, green pepper, jalapeños, chopped tomato’s or your choice of additional veggies is optional, make sure you sauté in the beginning with onion.

Sauté onions (and other veg if used) until translucent, then add garlic together in large Dutch oven or other pot. Add beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, apricot jam or cranberry sauce, sriracha sauce, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, tomatos (if used) chicken broth. Boil ingredients then simmer for approx 1hr.. Chop chicken tenders into bite size pieces (raw), add to chili, bring chili back to boil for approx 5min then bring down to med heat for about 30min…keep simmering until ready to serve, stirring often.

** I would start out using 2 C of a low-sodium chicken broth and 2 more cups if needed. I always have boxes of low-sodium organic chicken broth on hand. You can also add a jar of the chili sauce called "homemade chili sauce" in the small round glass jar for season if desired. I know the apricot jam/jelly and cranberry sauce sound strange but trust me it's yummy and everyone likes the chili (so far)... I started adding those secret ingredients about 12 yrs ago because I like a sweeter chili...I got the idea from that famous grape jelly and chili sauce meatball recipe. I hide the can or jelly jar so nobody see's it because most may "think" they won't like it. Good luck, let me know how yours turns out!

XoXo Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment